_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Harder Steenbeck Infinity Worth It?
ebergerud
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 297 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 08:48 PM UTC
My birthday is coming up and I've got a few hundred bucks to squander - can't afford anything of real value, but can waste smaller amounts to help the economy rebound. I've got two places: in one I have a Harder Steenbeck Evolution and in the other an Iwata Eclipse both backed up by a Paasche VLS for broad strokes. I can think of many good reasons to think buying a Harder Steenbeck Infinity would be pure waste considering my present tools. Yet I'm too old for an iPad and it's something that I'd like to have. What I tell myself is that for fine detail work (they come with a .15 nozzle default although they take up to .40 - and use the same needle/nozzle as the Eclipse) that the Infinity would pay off with better results or just be fine to use. Has anyone out there used one? Is there any real world difference between an Infinity and an Eclipse or does the Infinity just look neater?

Eric
Kitzilla
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 09:38 AM UTC
I have an Infinity that I use when working on garage kits. It's a really amazing airbrush, probably the finest I've ever used. While I think you would really enjoy it, it's probably not worth it considering you already have an Evolution. It adds a few new bells and whistles, but the core functionality and quality of spray it produces are largely the same as the Evolution. It's a step up from what you already have, but a small step.
 _GOTOTOP