_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Any good hobby shops in St. Louis?
esc71
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 222 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 04:38 AM UTC
Fairly close to downtown area?
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 07:20 AM UTC
CRM Hobbies is the BEST. You can get there address/phone number from their website which I believe is www.crmhobbies.com.

HTH,
Gordon
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hey Private!

CRM isn't a regular hobby store like Hobbytown USA or Hobby Haven, it's a happening! From the front, it looks like it's out of business. Inside, it looks like its going out of business because of all the boxes on the floor. If you can't find something, they let you dig through the boxes. When I was there and the boss was out, the lady behind the desk gave me the telephone when she was talking to a customer. He knew the store so well, he talked me right to the book I was looking for.
It's nuts. The customers talk to each other. Imagine that? Prices are just okay, but they have stuff you can't find anymore. Plan on a few hours. It's a trip.
Anyone within a driving range should go there at least once. I'm glad one of my sons is getting married in the Missouri Historical Museum in the park area, so I can sneak on over for a few hours.
It's so overwhelming, that I had to leave, get something to eat to clear my head, and go back. Spent a ton, had a blast.

Sealhead (Kansas Sunflower)
 _GOTOTOP