_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
New Model shop opening
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 07:41 PM UTC
Virtually all small model shops in the UK have closed down so it is with delight that I can announce a new one opening and in my area T7 Models will be opening on the 8th of April at 11 Pydar Mews, Truro TR1 2UX (that's in Cornwall England and I will be there to pick up my Hobby Boss 1/32 P-61 and to help make the place look busy for the open day
Martin Schofield, the owner of T7 models opened a stall, selling models, at Pool market after being made redundant (if I recall correctly)and I met him when I joined the local IPMS club after moving down to Cornwall. To go from a market stall which is only open for 2 days a week to a shop in the city is no mean feat. Martin is to be congratulated on achieving this and I wish him the best of luck for the future; it looks like I'll be heading to Truro more often now
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 02:46 AM UTC
Great news for the small guy ,all the best to Martin and his new venture
Will he be stocking your masks?
Andy
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 06:25 PM UTC
Hi Andy,
Yes its a great event, I had a friend up country who owned a small model shop, in Worksop, he was still going when I left the area and moved down here. I do believe that there is every chance of small shops making it, especially if we modellers support them. If you talk to the shop owner and pledge to by kits from him you can make reasonable savings. Martin is doing me the Hobby Boss 1/32 P-61 for £100. That is around £20-£30 saving over the cheapest that I found one on line, if you include the postage The bonus is that the wife is buying it for me for my 60th birthday
I have said to Martin that, if he likes, I could put some masks in the shop on a sale or return basis and maybe do some specials for promotional purposes, for him
 _GOTOTOP