_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from RadekZ
RadekZ
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 03:56 AM UTC
Hello Fellow model Builders,

I have already blundered by asking for long and not so well put advices (I work with web apps and many forums and still didn't learn how to properly use Search function ) instead of introducing myself in my first post, so here it is, few words about myself.

I'm Radek and I've been living in Warsaw, Poland for almost 37 years (so in fact since I was born ).

I've been into modelling since early school years when I met some friends whose parents were model builders. So I've been bitten by the same bug. And so I started with my first kits from Polish producers still in times of communism. The quality of these things was crap, but the only thing that mattered was... the chance to blow freshly built models with some bangers (or firecrackers) ... Poor models...
Then I grew up and as communism era was sort of over - new kits were available from Matchbox, Revell and very nice ship models from Hasegawa ... So I have managed to get some 20 finished models (withouth any weathering, just built and fresh painted) until I had to start to live on my own...
And so 15 years have passed without any single model built. But now the time has come to ... come back and enjoy a world of minatures again.

I have decided to focus mainly on WWII era. At the beginning I would like to build some decent (or maybe brilliant ...) models of military vehicles in 1:35 scale with aircraft in 1:48 scale as a relief from time to time.
However maybe some ships will follow as well in the future.

Although I have already messed paintings of 3 models but I keep on going and finishing building Stug III Ausf. B (old Italeri/Dragon kit, so nothing good for starters with lots of corrections for sprued parts and PE made of some hardened steel ).

I hope we'll have a lot of fun together and our copperation won't be one direction only .

With kind regards,
Radek
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 04:54 AM UTC
Welcome back. I think most of us have had a too long of break from building. Mine was roughly 20 years. Since this isn't your first post, I'm sure you privy to the good advice. And, hey, most of us would like to destroy one or two kits that are a bit beyond frustrating. I just prefer a hammer.
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 07:43 AM UTC
You know I've never thought of 'blowing up' one of my kits.... Untill now.... Lol

Bronzey
 _GOTOTOP