_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
platzdarm?
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 03:51 PM UTC
Anybody have any dealings with this company they have very cheap eduard parts? Wondering if they are trustworthy?
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 03:07 PM UTC
Hi

I had seen there ads here and elsewhere, and the prices (not to mention the shipping cost!) are great. I ordered from them in January. I got my stuff in August.

Communication was poor, after a couple of months, I sent queries to Platzdarm and got no reply. I contacted CCNow (the company that handles their credit card transactions) at that point, and got an immediate response. Soon after that Platzdarm contacted me to let me know the order was not complete, and they were waiting on items from Russia that I'd ordered. You do order tracking through CCNow, and on their site, my order had shipped in February! I was making these inquiries in May, giving more than the 2 months shipping time quoted.

It turns out they do not get a cent of the credit card funds until they ship the items. I was told my items had shipped via the online order tracking, when in fact the order was not even complete. My opinion is they told CCNow the order has shipped to get the currency!

So, the list of what's 'in stock' is inaccurate, and then you will wait a LONG time for your stuff. When I posted queries here and on Track-Link about the company, it turned out a number of folks were in the same boat. My complaints to CCNow got the ball rolling, and I did get my kits and stuff in the end. I will not order from them again, though.

I think they are a new business, and all the folks I heard from got their stuff eventually.

You can get Eduard stuff through a lot of outlets. Jadar, and other Eastern European stores. I'll go that route in the future for what it's worth.

Cheers
Andy
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 03:51 PM UTC
I had the same experience, through CCnow. It said my order was shipped, but I waited and waited. Contacted CCNow and they responded immediately. They checked into it, and I waited a while longer. I did hear from Plotzdarm, saying they were waiting for shipment. Finally told CCNow to cancel the order, which they did. The next day I heard from Plotzdarm- they said the order was on the way. I got it TWO days later from Poland according to the postmark. I then got email from Plotzdarm wanting to know if I was still complaining or was I going to pay- I didn't have to, since CCNow was "out of the loop" by then, but I sent them the payment anyway. I won't deal with them again! Entire ordeal- 3 months!
 _GOTOTOP