TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Sum of All Fears
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 04:23 AM UTC
This Tom Clancy novel based movie was just released yesterday on Friday. I went and saw it last night and it was great. It stars Morgan Freeman and Ben Affleck. I would like to tell you all about the movie except pretty much anything I do tell you would give away the movie. So all I can say is that it was a great movie and everyone should go and see it. :-)

Mark

P.S. RedStorm Entertainment, the maker of Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear, is making this novel and now movie into a video game. I think it is to come out as a computer game at first.
ProjectPhoenix
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 32 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 05:55 AM UTC
Assuming that Ben Affleck is playing Jack Ryan how does a young sprog like Ben play a middle aged man? Does he pull it off is my question.

Phil
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 07:10 AM UTC
BOOM..................................
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 09:21 AM UTC
I read the book when it came out in 1992 or 93?? It's how I spent Studyhall in Highschool.
Great book. Movie looks good too.

Matt
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:46 AM UTC
I'll go see it after the initial crowds. Love Tom Clancy, but then, so does Tom Clancy....

No, that's not fair, he's a good writer. He has just spent soooooo much time studying and learning all the technical aspects of the stuff he writes about, he just feels compelled to share all of it with us. Sometimes at the cost of the story tempo. IMHO.

Tread.

Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 179 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 01:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Assuming that Ben Affleck is playing Jack Ryan how does a young sprog like Ben play a middle aged man? Does he pull it off is my question.

I actually thought he was going to play it horribly compared to Harrison Ford. But Ford was fantastic. But actually Affleck played Jack Ryan pretty well. Morgan Freeman, I thought though, was better.

Mark
Tankera1
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 138 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 06:24 AM UTC
I saw it this afternoon, a great flick. The acting was good and the story translated well into a movie. Worth seeing.
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2002 - 10:54 PM UTC
Dissenting viewpoint here!

I hated the movie. Up to the big KABOOM it was OK, then it turned stupid. I'm afraid Ryan has saved the world once too often for me. I loved Hunt for Red October, but the franchise has been getting worse and worse since then.

The attempt to make this the beginning of Ryan's career didn't work for me. And I thought the original Sum or All Fears story (aka the book!) was great. The movie didn't do the book justice (like that's news!! ).

Anyway, my recommendation is to save your money.

Andy