_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
New Member- Help With This Model
Jughead
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 01:35 AM UTC
New member here. I recently bought a model in excellent condition on a lark as it is old (1947) and looks very detailed and I thought it would be fun putting it together with my grandsons. It is a "Marine Model Co" Model #1108 cannon as new in the original box. Are these old models rare? Is it worth more not put together in pieces in the original box? What can you tell me about this company?
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 01:48 AM UTC
First, welcome to Kitmaker, Jughead.

Next, from looking around on the web, the issue with the Marine Model kits is condition of the parts. I don't know if your kit has any cast lead parts, but those would sometimes deteriorate over time. If everything is there, in good shape, about the only place I know of is e-bay, and the primary issue is that you get what you need to cover shipping and your expenses. It is hard to tell with old kits. My father in law has a bunch of old kits that he decided he would rather build with my boys as he felt that would be more valuable to him, and less hassle.
Jughead
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 02:12 AM UTC
I'll post pictures. How do I upload pictures from my computer?
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 03:18 AM UTC
Welcome!

Would be interesting to see a photo af that kit.

To post photos, check this thread about the fourth post. It has an instruction on how to do it. Just put them in our own folder (my photos) instead of the campaign folder.

Cheers!
Stefan
 _GOTOTOP