TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
WINDTALKERS !
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 12:34 AM UTC
WOW - seen the previews for the movie on TV
If their any indication, then this should be an awesome movie.
It opens at theaters June 14th and I will definitely be there
on that very night.
What the Navajo did for our country in W.W.II during
the PTO is certainly most honorable.
It's about time a movie was made about these native Americans
and their unbreakable code and what it accomplished.
PICS FROM MOVIE:
INFANTRY & M4 SHERMAN TANK
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1805535156&cf=pg&photoid=429541&intl=us
INFANTRY ON IWO JIMA
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1805535156&cf=pg&photoid=429534&intl=us

- ralph
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 12:52 AM UTC
I agree, and it will be a priority viewing for me too.
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 179 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 01:09 AM UTC
I can't wait to see it. :-) It's one of the few WWII moivies that takes place in the Pacific theatre. I'll be sure to go and see it on June 14th.

Mark
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 1,109 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 02:08 AM UTC
I wish there would be new WWII movies made centered around the British or the other nations involved in the war. I'm interested in the North African campaign, but it has been ignored in recent years. I saw Captain Corelli's Mandolin because it focused on the Italians, even if it was mostly a love story. I was impressed with all the real Italian weapons they were able to use in the movie. Anyway, I've been looking forward to Windtalkers too, and for quite some time. It was originally supposed to be out in November last year.

Nic
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 04:01 AM UTC
Reviews look promising. It opens here on 14 June
DJ #:-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:29 AM UTC
HEY. "NOT FAIR" I mentioned this same movie about a week or so ago and only got ignored for the most part. BUT that's okay I see how you guys are......LOL, Anyway. I saw the previews on this about a week or two ago and am anxious to see it as well. I Like the work that Mr Cage does too, I enjoyed him in the other movie mentioned also. I had heard about those guys once while watching WW-2 documentary." Pretty Cool." This should turn out to be a great movie.

DAGGER-1" When Science Fails, Brute Force Wins"
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:39 AM UTC
Dagger, I remember your post. I wanted to repond to it because the film looks sooo good. But I've been away from the site more than 'at' the site lately (business). Sorry I didn't repond then.

Ya know, I don't know about you guys, but these types of posts (film endorsements) really make me yearn to go see the film with one of you fella's. Most of the people in my 'circle' of acquintances are not into the military as I am. Hence my lonliness when I actually do go to see one of these films...I generally go alone.
But! At least I now have somewhere to go to discuss it, right?

Tread.

....still like to see it with one of you guys...
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:51 AM UTC
#:-) #:-) Hey Tread: Heres a NOVEL IDEA, Take your Wife.....LOL. I know what you mean. I think that would be great idea. Usually though I go with either my wife( Who Is'nt too hard to convince to go see a war movie with me..LOL) or most of the time I go with my Wifes Son Who also likes War Movies.

DAGGER-1 When Science Fails, Brute Force Wins"
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 11:59 PM UTC
they were the best soldiers we had, along with the 442 and the 10th battalion.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 12:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

#:-) #:-) Hey Tread: Heres a NOVEL IDEA, Take your Wife.....LOL. I know what you mean. I think that would be great idea. Usually though I go with either my wife( Who Is'nt too hard to convince to go see a war movie with me..LOL) or most of the time I go with my Wifes Son Who also likes War Movies.

DAGGER-1 When Science Fails, Brute Force Wins"

That would be great idea Dagger, if only my wife didn't loath any type of violence. See even has a real problem with my 6 year old son watching Power Rangers. Just one of those things I guess... She also doesn't care much for Sci-Fi either. She is definitly into the 'Romantic' films. She's very old fashioned (makes for a perfect schoolteacher though).
You're a lucky man to have a wife who will go with you! Keep her.

Tread.
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 179 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 01:14 AM UTC
On sort of a different subject (same war)....there is going to be a show on the Discovery Channel this Wednesday all about D-Day. It is called Journey to the Bottom of the Sea. Here is some information that I found at the site:
"Facts from the seabed tell a different story of D-Day than history has recorded. Archaeologists shed new light on the longest day of the second World War with information gleaned from the sea."
It looks interesting. The site doesn't say what time it's at. I think it might be 8. Don't rely on my guess though. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Mark
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 01:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HEY. "NOT FAIR" I mentioned this same movie about a week or so ago and only got ignored for the most part.

Dagger - I didn't mean to steal your thunder.
If I had know that you or someone else had posted a
message for this movie, I wouldn't have posted mine.
- ralph
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 06:34 PM UTC
I will be going into surgery on the 17th and will hopefully have a bootleg of it by then. Being a "computer guy" I have a lot of connections at work and can get movies before they are even out sometimes. my condition makes it very hard for me to sit through movies without about 90mg of morphine. It does look awsome and I can't wait to see it. I like when war movies focus on the positive parts of war (if there are any) like this one appears to. Much better than the string of Vietnam movies that where just crap in my opinion. I guess I shouldn't say that without seeing them all, but the whole point is this one looks like a positive one.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2002 - 06:01 AM UTC
Thanks Rob I will keep her LOL
It's sort of interesting to me how much can be learned from that TOA, after being someone who mostly studied the European TOA, But 2 years ago Ex-President Bush opened his Pacific War Museum down in Fredricksburg Tx. And two weeks later, My wife and I went down there to visit, Not knowing about the new museum. And we spent the better part of it with another friend of mine that had met us theretouring the Museum, Took pictures, Etc. And I have to say it gave me a whole new perspective on that part of the war. The Courage and Sacrifice that our guys and others gave there. Noto to take anything away from the folks in Europe. They too saw & gave alot of themselves. But the PAcific theatre was alot more of an unforgiving battle field than Europe was. i.e. deserted islands. and miles and miles of shark infested oceans. Not to mention the different types of illnesses that could and were contracted from that place. Things that our medical proffessionals had never even heard of up to that point. So Yeah, The Pacific TOA was a whole different set of circumstances that was totally new to our people. Not to mention the Enemy at that time that also thought completely different than the Germans did. Anyway the Museum that we toured gives you a pretty close up view of what LIFE and DEATH was like there in that time. WELL I hope to go see the movie WINDTALKERS here prettty soon as well. And I am certain that I will like it as well. If your not familiar with warfare in the pacilfic , by that I mean other than the fact that we fought and died there. You should go and tour a museum that covers that part of the war. It will really give you a better appreciation for it. AND if ever any of you folks are here in TEXAS go tour the G.B and Pacific War Museum in Fredricksburg Tx.

DAGGER-1
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2002 - 09:09 AM UTC
Not sure if I'll see the movie I read the book when it came out so I know how it ends The last movie I saw was Enemy At The Gates March of last year #:-)
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 06:56 AM UTC
Hey everone. Just a reminder, Windtalkers starts tonight. Don't think I'll be able to go till next week though.

Nic
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 06:57 AM UTC
I suppose you guys out east might even be watching it right now.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

HEY. "NOT FAIR" I mentioned this same movie about a week or so ago and only got ignored for the most part.

Dagger - I didn't mean to steal your thunder.
If I had know that you or someone else had posted a
message for this movie, I wouldn't have posted mine.
- ralph

No Problem Ralph