_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Mission Models
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:26 AM UTC
I ordered a hold and fold from our sponsor for the "Armorama user of the month" award (Mission Models). I found out some intresting information that I thought I would pass on. I missed this bit of information the first few times to the site.

Most of the kits on the site get reduced by 20% from the listed price. In fact I talked to them about this issue and they said unless the model notes that it does not get reduced by 20% then it does. Also, if you order a kit and order additional items for that kit (PE, resin, etc.) then you get an additional 5% off for a total of 25% off the kit. I thought I would pass this info on since they are helping our community out here. I found them very friendly and they are more than willing to answer any questions you may have.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:32 AM UTC
Yes, Mission Model's service is really good.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:55 AM UTC
Andrew,
One clarification. The User of the Month contest is being sponsored by Military Hobbies (www.militaryhobbies.com). Mission Models (www.missionmodels.com) will be sponsoring another contest (details to follow later) and they are also the current prime sponsor of the site with their banner coming up on most of the sites pages.

Cheers,
Jim
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 03:00 PM UTC
Opps. Sorry about that. Well at least they are supporters. I will have to check out Military Hobbies and support them also for helping us out. (this is pretty much how I feel right now)

and I need to do a little more of this before I open my mouth (or use my keyboard in this case)
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 06:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I ordered a hold and fold from our sponsor for the "Armorama user of the month" award (Mission Models). I found out some intresting information that I thought I would pass on. I missed this bit of information the first few times to the site.

Most of the kits on the site get reduced by 20% from the listed price. In fact I talked to them about this issue and they said unless the model notes that it does not get reduced by 20% then it does. Also, if you order a kit and order additional items for that kit (PE, resin, etc.) then you get an additional 5% off for a total of 25% off the kit. I thought I would pass this info on since they are helping our community out here. I found them very friendly and they are more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

thanks for the info
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 09:29 AM UTC
I've ordered from them twice. Jon is a great guy to deal with. And, the shipping was fast. You can never get those kits on to the "waiting to be built pile too fast you know.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:20 AM UTC
OK.....for the elderly, let me get this straight. If I order something from MissionModels I will get it for 20% off their listed price? And if I also order some PE or something to go with it I get 25% off the whole ticket?
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

OK.....for the elderly, let me get this straight. If I order something from MissionModels I will get it for 20% off their listed price? And if I also order some PE or something to go with it I get 25% off the whole ticket?

i believe thats what they said
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 02:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tread
I'm a little confused too. Sounds like quite a large reduction if the 2 can be combined. But if you're interested just call Jon. I've called a few times for other things, including changing an order, and he will take the time to help.
Sundown
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 67 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 03:18 AM UTC
I ordered some Cromwell tilts from him and it just took 3 days for him to get it up here to Canada! Also, for my fellow Canadian modellers, he will mark the shipment down as a 'gift' so we it is less likely we will have to pay extra duties and taxes.

I'll definitely be a repeat customer.

Symon

drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe it is just the kit prices, not the prices of the additional stuff. But I would follow the advice of others and give them a call to clearify before you order.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 09:24 AM UTC
Many thanks all.....I've had my eye on that Famo crane conversion kit for some time......hmmmmm.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 09:27 AM UTC
I've E-mailed Jon on some items that aren't on the Website. He said that he'd be able to get them no problem. Now if I can come up with the funds.........

Matt
 _GOTOTOP