_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Online Dealers
MeowMix
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 05:21 AM UTC
I'm not sure where to post this because it doesn't necessary belong to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum coz I'm not really looking for a product, but an online shop. So please forgive me if I posted on the wrong forum.

Ever since I started modeling last year, I always got my kits and supplies from AK. They sell some stuff apart from their products on their online store. Having the option to ship via FedEx/UPS is very vital for me because of one thing: Postal service here in my country sucks. When a package arrives, they will just send me a written notice that I have a package and I would NEED to claim it on their office which is around 3 hours drive, after that I would need to fall in line and spend another hour because there's like 300 people at a time getting their packages. Once I'm in, I'll be prepared to pay almost half the price of the item for taxes. This is why Fedex/UPS is the best option for me. Yes I still get to pay the taxes but it gets delivered to my house. So I'm looking for online dealers who ships via UPS/FedEx and I would love it if they have the same inventory as luckymodel.com or hobbyeasy.com. Vital ones are the addon parts from Voyager, eduard, verlinden, etc - mostly aftermarket stuff. If you could suggest one I'd be really grateful. BTW, I'm into armor modeling.

I've seen and checked a lot of sites already, almost all of them don't ship via courier service. I found some but they only ship via UPS ground/Fedex ground. The only one I saw shipping using courier is hobbylinkjapan but they do not ship to my country.

Thanks!

PS: We have some LHS here in my country but they don't sell much and is outdated (new products arrives after around 3 - 5 months) and doesn't sell aftermarket accessories.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 06:00 AM UTC
Check out Lucky Model and Hobby Link Japan. They are both on your side of the world and offer shipping options, so postage shouldn't be too bad.

Lucky Model

Hobby Link Japan
MeowMix
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 06:05 AM UTC
Unfortunately, LuckyModel and HobbyEasy doesn't offer the option to ship via UPS/FedEx. Only postal/ems.

HLJ doesn't ship via courier to my country.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 08:24 AM UTC
http://www.hobby-space.com
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 11,666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 09:19 AM UTC
I would try Sprue Brothers. Great selection, and they ship Fed Ex. Open up an account, then check for their international shipping.
Joel
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 08:01 AM UTC
we ship Fed Ex as well.
www.TSHobbies.com
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 06:36 AM UTC
sprue brothers, you can order the items on line and they give you the option of paying with money order, so dont need to have a credit card, they usually give you a choice of shipping also.
 _GOTOTOP