_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Selling/Shipping outside of CONUS
TIGMAC
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 30 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 03:46 PM UTC
Hello everyone...i was trying to figure out which forum to put this on and seeing how the people i am directing this at are on this one....here goes. Why are there so many people that want to only ship to CONUS...What hurdles/hassles do you face to ship to Canada that makes it so unattractive for you to do so..I have shipped stuff south and maybe its different here but it was not all that difficult to do. By doing so you are leaving out a good chunk of your target audience...just wondering
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 05:07 PM UTC
Hi Steve, there's many different reasons why people feel staying in country is easier. Some people don't like filling out customs labels and having to make a trip to the post office. With domestic mail, that can all be done from the home. With Paypal, the seller isn't covered against undelivered packages unless there's a tracking number on it. That can get expensive, especially with the new rate schedule they just started. There's problems too, if something has to be returned.

I ship internationally all the time... or at least I used to. Since the new rates hit at the beginning of this month, things have slowed down a lot.

mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hi Steve
I'll agree with Bob on this one.I too don't mind shipping internationally,a few extra minutes filling out a customs form is all. Sure,some packages have to be taken to the P.O.,but a majority can be accomplished w/clik n/ ship.If the buyer doesn't mind the postage costs,I'll ship anywhere they want it.If I read things correctly also,anything shipped internationally now can be tracked.Also anything over 4 lbs has to go Priority and there is a huge jump in postage.Again,if the buyer wants it,he has to assume all extra cost,customs,duties etc.

All the Best
Mike
 _GOTOTOP