_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hi all
CodyThecatt
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 08:47 AM UTC
Just starting to build airplanes and I thought I would say hi.

I have been doing large scale model ships 1:144+, but thought I would give some 1:48 WWII aircraft a shot! Going to start with the Revell sets ... because they are cheap and I am even cheaper.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 12:03 PM UTC
Welcome, Loren. Nothing wrong with saving a buck as long as it is money well spent. Share what you will be working on.
usethermite
Visit this Community
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 04:57 PM UTC
Hi. Loren, from a fellow Washingtonian. This is a great site so have fun, be cool, and always remember: it's just plastic. All the best.
Happy Gluing, JT
CodyThecatt
Visit this Community
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 05:49 PM UTC
Thanks JT and Russ.

Large scale ships take me months (or even years) to build, cost ridiculous amounts of money ($80-400), and are very few and far between. And the manufacturers are now tending to build junk even in large-scale because they expect the buyer is going to buy a lot of expensive PE to make up for their lack of kit detail/craftsmanship which is the usual standard in the 1:350 - 1:700 scale kits.

So I thought a side trip down the Aviation path would be a nice change of pace!

A couple days to build, reasonable costs ($10-40), and more than a zillion kits to choose from. I figure it will take me more than a year just to go through the Revell 1:48 WWII series! Then I might just attack the Tamiya ones.

I've always been fascinated by model planes hanging from the rafters! So once I get going you all will find me hanging out in the Aircraft section.
 _GOTOTOP