Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
What does DSB mean?
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC
DER SONNTAG BUND CLUB Ahh! yes, the organization of piggies who do all sorts of crazy stuff, but I can only understand Filipino & English so what does it mean?

May the OINK! OINK! be with you.
(++) (++) (++) (++) (++)
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2003 - 07:26 PM UTC
the sunday club
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 483 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 03:47 AM UTC
hmm. i was always wndering what that meant too, i thought like the pig club (++) (++)
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 04:29 AM UTC
Hi All,
The reason why this silly little group got its name is because SS-74(Dave) and I used to talk alot on Sunday. So, right of the top of my head, I said, "Self, why not give what we do a name and put a name on my signature line with the infamous PIG number and get people wondering, what is this all about? I shared this with Dave and he thought it was cool, so he put down that he was Pig no.2.

The reason I did this is that sometimes I think that some hobbyist take themselves too seriously and might scare some good modellers away from the hobby. I love modelbuilding and military history, but I realized that this is only a hobby and that all peope have to start somewhere and that all levels of experience should be appreciated and all inquiries should be answered in a simple way.

I also have an off-the-wall sense of humor and that humor should be part of any hobby.

Chris (++) Windbag the Wonder Swine
i am now off my soapbox
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 05:48 AM UTC
As the Commodant of the GSO (Guess-stop-oh for the unititiated) I hereby attest to the supreme power weilded by His Most Lordly, Lord Pakish and Sith Lord Darth Davidus ArwenIsMineus. The name of our gathering is paled by thier collective might and granduer.
As further attestment of these and all other facts, which are to be uncontested by any in the DSB, I have completed documents of compliance from each and every Pig in the order, which had a self stamped and addressed envelope.
Furthermore..........Ahhhhhh ..........FAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (++) #:-) (++)
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 483 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 04:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

sometimes I think that some hobbyist take themselves too seriously and might scare some good modellers away from the hobby

chris i totally agree with you there.. that's why i think alot of beginners myself inlcuded are/were afraid to post pics of their work. i just got the balls to post and it's really helped me out and i appreciate everything everyone has said!

OINK! (++) (++)