_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
New Trumpeter Kit Decals - Alt to Stevens?
Dodger013
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 02:29 AM UTC
I know this subject has been brought up and Stevens International is always the apparent cure, however...

I have contacted SI about purchasing replacement Trumpeter decals for a 1/35 Hind and the reply stated that the kit had to be imported and or purchased by them for them to be able to replace the sheet. Considering I bought the kit years ago and I think form ebay that sunk that ship real quick.

I am now in need of both the Hind and a CH-47D decal sheet as both sheets were damaged when my basement flooded.

What I am asking is if anyone knows a better, more direct way to receive new decal sheets aside Stevens?

Now I have heard mixed things about Trumpeters customer service but if that really is the only option does anyone have the contact info for them?

I went on the site and clicked "Contact Us" but it never directs me to the page with the info. Maybe my comp is just messed up, I dunno.

Any input would be appreciated.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 03:16 AM UTC
Good luck. Nobody seems to have any sense of responsibility, when it comes to Trumpeter.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 04:28 AM UTC
Try Squadron, they also import Trumpeter into the US.

I am assuming you want to purchase said decals and not just have your ruined ones replaced, I don't see that they would have a problem with that, but who knows.

Wouldn't think Stevens would have a problem with it, or care where the kit was imported, as they wouldn't be giving/replacing the decals, but selling them to you, maybe make that point apparent if you e-mail them back.
 _GOTOTOP