_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Individual Track Links !!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!
Blakeh2018
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:10 PM UTC
Hello, I am an intermediate modeller, I have been doing models for a little over a year now.

I recently got Zvezda's Kv-2, and up until now, I have not assembled plastic tracks.

I hope this is'nt a silly question, but is it okay to us Testor's tube cement? Most of the people I have seen doing individual track links have used the bottle cement.

Please Help!

-Blakeh2018
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:21 PM UTC
Blake most of us use bottled glue as you can put a lot of links together and then brush the glue over them which is pulled into the joints by capillery action. as long as you get a full run of links made you let them cure for a short time before offering them up to the model aloowing you to replicate track sag where needed. tube glues tend to be thicker and so are not pulled into the joints and if applied to each link either cure too fast (before a run is completed) or is just not as neat.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:40 PM UTC
Wouldn´t recommend the tube cement either ...agree with Darren. Testors bottle cement is the bee´s knees for indy tracks. You can build the whole run, wait 30 mins and then place the run at your leisure. Theres still time to add or reove a tracks, conform it around drive/idler wheels and add sag.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 02:01 PM UTC
Blake,

If you've been building for a year using tube glue, I think you would benefit from moving to a bottle cement in general for most of your assembly.
Blakeh2018
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 02:04 PM UTC
Thank you for your help, I will definitley get some at my hobby shop!
 _GOTOTOP