_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
What Me 262 in 1/48 scale
Antoon3103
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 224 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 01:55 PM UTC
Hello,

I want to build a Me 262 in 48 scale.
I see Tamiya has one, and Hobby Boss have a few.
However, the Tamiya one is double the price (35 euro, HB 17 euro)of the HB ones.
Are the HB good kits, or should I go for the trusted Tamiya quality. Price is not really an issue, but if the HB as just as good, no need to spend more then.

Greetz
Tony
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 02:23 PM UTC
The Tamiya kit is excellent,goes together like a dream,no issues.I don't like to fool around with bad engineered kits.The Tamiya is top notch.I have no knowledge of the others.
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 02:58 PM UTC
Here's a thread which compares the two kits. Each of them has their problems but all in all the writer believes that the Tamiya kit is superior. Another thing which may influence you is that none of the Hobby Boss kits is the plain fighter-bomber that the Tamiya kit represents. Hobby Boss is kitting one-off prototype and experimental versions rather than the fighter so you'll need aftermarket markings if you want to try converting it.

Of course one must bear in mind that the person who wrote that is notorious for tearing a kit to shreds over minor or even imaginary errors, so take it with a grain of salt. At the end of your building, nobody would ever mistake your model for anything but an Me-262.

Other options are the old Monogram and DML kits which may be found at swap meets. They're oldies, but goodies if you can find them.
Antoon3103
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 224 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC
Anthony, Jessica,

Thanks for the info.
The Tamiya kit it will be then.
As U said Jessica, I am jus looking to build a kit that looks like a Me 262, without to muh hassle.

Appreciated ur input.

Tony
 _GOTOTOP