_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
CyberHobby BF109 E-3, good buy?
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2013 - 11:12 PM UTC
Found this;

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/CHC00003222/product.php?pr=1

I'm wondering, is this a good kit? Would I need any after-market stuff?

I'm not into building aircraft much but this looks like a pretty good place to start.
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 04:15 AM UTC
Yes, that's probably a good buy. It looks as though it may be a bit fiddly so you may want to practise on something a little less complicated first. Try the Tamiya 1/48 kit to get your feet wet.

Depending on what they give you for the instrument panel you might want to consider instrument decals, but otherwise the kit looks like it'll give you everything you will need, including the seat belts.

You also need to be something of an expert with CyberHobby kits, because their painting instructions often leave out the interior completely. If you run into trouble, hop over to Aeroscale and ask our Experten; they'll give you everything you care to ask for
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 08:47 AM UTC
Thanks Jessica. Not bothered with it being complicated. I just prefer to not do aircraft as I HATE filling seam lines which isn't usually an issue for armor. Plus I never feel I get as much for my money than with armor.
 _GOTOTOP