_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Masterbox does right!!!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2013 - 04:53 PM UTC
Well, Masterbox blew my mind and expectations again. After I purchased 3 sets of the new Union Calvary sets I noticed something amiss. 2 of the sabers were broken. Upon checking over the contents I saw that there was only 1 holstered revolver and pouch for the 3 figures. Standard issue for Union Calvary troopers were 1 carbine, 1 revolver and pouch, and a saber; which was usually carried under the saddle out of the way. Saber charges were not common, they would normally charge into a confrontation with revolvers and draw sabers after emptying the revolver for close in work. I e-mailed Masterbox and requested some arm replacements as the part are 1 piece, arm, hand and saber and asked if they could send me the needed revolvers with pouch. I had a very pleasant e-mail conversation with a lady named Mary who said that they would do what they could. I had offered to pay for the needed parts plus whatever cost they required. What a surprise when I opened the package, there was the complete 2 sets of sprues for a whole kit, and another complete sprue of the other part, in essence another 1 1/2 half kits total. I would assume that this was easier for them then cutting off the needed parts and having a chopped up sprue. After dealing with the Marine set from another company, and still waiting for the 2nd and 3rd set of parts almost 6 months, I was really surprised. Now that is what I call customer service above and beyond. It would be a good practice if other manufactures looked at this reply and took note. The other company had decent figures but, Masterbox's sets are well past theirs and are great all around. My hat's off to Masterbox for such great service and no doubt I will be doing allot of business with them in the future. Oh, the total cost, no charge! Thanks Masterbox, and Mary especially. Bob D.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 10,069 Posts
KitMaker Network: 119 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2013 - 03:29 PM UTC
Cool info, Bob. It is nice that there is still good old customer service in the world.

Thanks for sharing
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2013 - 04:45 PM UTC
Hey Jesper, good service and dam fine service should always be acknowledged. Sometimes it's very hard to find, but Mary at Masterbox, stepped right up to the plate and took very good and prompt service. With that kind of service, they have guaranteed my future support. bob d.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2013 - 09:33 PM UTC
Logged that one away. I won't name names, but some of the larger, mainstream manufacturer's have horrible customer service. I've had to deal with them a few times and, finally gave up due to frustration.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2013 - 09:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

good service and dam fine service should always be acknowledged

Very true. Many are quick to point out flaws, mistakes, bad service, etc ... but it is every bit as important to point out those who make the effort.
 _GOTOTOP