_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Mostly trains
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 384 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 02:41 AM UTC
I'm basically a railway modeler, and found Armorama via a model railway project that I'm starting. My plan is to convert 1:35 static railway models into operating trains on 45mm track as (relatively) inexpensive 1:32 scale. This will be post-war, so these are civilian trains, although using former military equipment.

I'm obviously not very fussy about proto accuracy, which seems antithetical to military modeling. I've mostly been interested in narrow gauge railways over the past decade, so it seems ironic that this will theoretically be "broad gauge" - maybe I should model Russia instead of Germany?

I've got wagon kits from Dragon and Trumpeter, with more from Baluard on the way, and a lot of MiniArt building kits just in - with major bashing planned. LZ Models has some interesting kits, but I'm intimidated by the number of parts - a lot of them going into the complex underbody detail. The first module will be 30" x 6', with engine facilities and a goods shed in a small German town c. 1950.

The last military "modeling" I did was over a half centuty ago - making 1/2" long tanks out of two pieces of strip balsa and a short length of wire, then positioning them in the folds of a crumpled army blanket.

Charles
Boston
 _GOTOTOP