_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Hobby shops in Baltimore area
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 03:33 AM UTC
Any good hobby shops to visit in the area? Especially interested in area along 95 corridor between DC and Baltimore/Washington International. Mainly interested in plastic armor kits, paints and tools.
Dhepee
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:46 AM UTC
I don't know of any between BWI and Baltimore, however if you go past BWI over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, into Virginia, take Exit 54A off the Beltway to Braddock Rd West, and then turn left at the lights onto Port Royal Rd, you will find Granddad's Hobby Shop, one of the best damn hobby shops out there. It has a large staff, including Granddad, they have a great selection of tools and a great selection of military models and books. It has a great hobby shop atmosphere, if you know what I mean?
Here are the particulars, I don't do armor modelling so I don't know what to look out for but you can give them a call. There is a place called The Amory in Maryland, you can find it on Verizon Superpages.com but I have never been there and have no idea what it's like.

Granddad's Hobby Shop
5260 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22151
(703) 426-0700
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 01:04 AM UTC
I found a good one out by Dulles Airport: Piper Hobby. They are on Metrotech Drive in Chantilly, VA. A wide range of kits, a good and well organized supply of paint plus trains.
 _GOTOTOP