_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Masterbox Cavalry
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 03:18 PM UTC
Well finally after months of screw ups by the P.O. I finally got the 89th Pa. cavalry to arrive. A little disappointed, some one dropped the ball at Masterbox. Being Union troops they all would have been issued revolvers, but alas, only one holstered revolver and rounds pouch. Also missing is the short section of rope carried to tether the horse. That I can replicate with no problem. The revolver and pouch will have to be molded. Some how the two drawn sabers (one piece arm/hands and sabers) were broken and will require fixing and that will be tough as they are scaled near paper thin. Too much glue and you know what happens. Another item missing are the leather boot chaps that are attached to the stirrups. That wouldn't be too hard if you have the right size lead foil which I don't have at the moment. I haven't tried to dry fit anything yet but they look as good as the previous set. I bought 2 sets for my planed vign. and it looks like I will be able to scribe the horses in half (left and right sides) at the front or back of the saddle and girth strap to change the horses into different poses. All 3 heads are different and look good for what they are. No plastic sheet is there for the reins but lead foil will do better. The standard looks fine with good recessed detail and some fine painting will bring it out nicely.Time will tell as I have a few projects on the bench but will let you know as I get to them.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 04:15 PM UTC
Bob could you use brass shim for the blades as if you get a thin shim it should cut easy enough.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hey Darren, not sure which way I'll go. I have some very thin copper sheet that may work. I'm going to contact M.B. to see if I can purchase the needed holsters and pouches, and need a few extra arms to pull this one off. Will have to scratch a bugle no matter, shouldn't be too hard. Thanks, bob d.
 _GOTOTOP