_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
1/350 Aisnworth FF1090
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 769 Posts
KitMaker Network: 219 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 10:57 PM UTC
Hi all. I'm pretty new to "floating things" being a tread head most of my life. A friend of mine asked me build him a model of Iron Shipwrights FF1090 USS Ainsworth. Any idea what I'm in for? Just how big is this kit? Any photo etch? Any major problems with it?
TIA
Jesse
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 10:05 AM UTC
i know what you mean. im a tread head myself, but just ran into a good deal on a 1/350 musashi. I dont know jack aobut the amount of PE that they have, but have seen that most kits have an abundance of it.

I searched the internet, but did not find much. You may not find a whole lot other than railings, props, doors, or other generic items that are not ship specific.
You may have to search by ship type or by one that is a more popular ship, but is still the same class. For example, my ship is the musashi, which is the "not as popular as" ship of the yamato. although there are a few things i can get for my specific ship, i can find more by looking up the more popular ship. Perhaps yours is like that?

after already typing the above, i went onto the shipwright portion of the site and found that you probably got your question answered.
 _GOTOTOP