_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
No details of Members on posts...
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 642 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 10:49 AM UTC
Hi,

I seem to have lost all the details of who is posting what, all there is is a box saying 'show more details'. Can you please advise me how this can be rectified.

Thank you
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC
You must have accidently clicked the 'hide details' tab. Jus click on the 'Show More Information' tab right up beneath the reply button. That should fix it.
C.
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 01:21 PM UTC
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your prompt reply, unfortunately I have been hitting that button and nothing happens and now another button has appeared - 'Hide User Signatures' - goodness knows what is happening, don't remember hitting any buttons for all this. Any further help would be appreciated.

All the best,

Paul
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 01:56 PM UTC
Hi Paul,

Weird! You should be able to click the 'show more info' and then go back to the forums. The next post you open should show you all the info. It doesn't happen on the one you're looking at when you click it till you close and reopen it.
If that doesn't work I'd send a PM to Jim Starkweather who runs the site and describe exactly what you are experiencing.

Cheers and good luck,
C.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 02:16 PM UTC
When you click on "SHOW MORE INFO" you should get a pop-up window (via Javascript) that says that it was changed, etc. If you aren't getting that pop-up window then there is a bigger problem dealing with Javascript working properly. There are a small percentage of users who have turned off Javascript on their browsers. This (in todays world) would be a serious problem. However now that I have the new functionality in place I am going to reset ALL USERS back to the default value of showing these areas. At that point if you don't have Javascript working on your pc or device it wouldn't cause any harm with that issue (showing/hiding info and banners).

Of course this could be a matter of another simple browser problem. Caching files. Your browser may be set to not check for new files. If that is the case then when I updated our Javascript include files earlier today your pc still has the old files which don't have the new code.

This can be fixed with a forced refresh of the page. This is different for each browser. Google it.

Cheers,
Jim
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 01:14 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

I kept pressing the aforementioned button and nothing appeared to have happened. I shut down and left it, when I fired up the computer today and came back on the site all was restored to normal. Funny things computers, I sometimes wonder if they become sentient after a while.....

.....'you don't want to do that Paul (Dave)...'

Anyway thanks for all the advice and help, the matter seems resolved now.

All the best,

Paul
 _GOTOTOP