_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Anybody have a Sony DSCP52
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 06:57 AM UTC
I saw one of these and wonder if anybody has one and what your impressions with the camera are. Thanks.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 07:34 AM UTC
Bryan,

I have an older type in the Sony Sybershot range...excellent camera.... hight quality pics and a lot of extra's to manipulate lighting, "shutter-speed", diafragma etc...excellent thing...but...it's an older type I'm talking about. I have no experience with their latest models.

I must say I think that sony makes the better camera's, but the best I've had is my current Minolta Xt...... that is an absolute superb camera.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 10:15 AM UTC
Thanks Danny.

I went back and found out the Sony DSCP52 doesn't have a maco mode. On the other hand, I found a Fuji A210 that has roughly the same specs, a macro mode and is $50 cheaper. Go figure.

Anybody have any comments on the Fuji A210?
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:20 AM UTC
It is a decent point and shoot automatic camera (I sell it at the store I work at). If you're looking for a camera with a good macro mode (and I assume that being a modeller you are) you may want to take a look at the Nikon and Canon line. Both offer excellent featres, excellent lenses, and one of the best stock macro setups in the business.
 _GOTOTOP