_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Maryland
Tacitus
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 03:05 AM UTC
Howdy! My son has recently gotten into Legos and I was helping him put a set together the other day... As soon as I started putting them together, memories of building models with my Dad popped into my head. So, the bug has found me again after 30'ish years.

Went into a hobby shop to pick up a model or two, and boy, was I out of my element. Tamiya, Dragon, Revell... What to do, what to do! So, I go online to get some information to get some sense of direction and it's still quite daunting. Then I found this site. Awesome! Hope to get the knowledge I need to get back into again, but as WWII buff and wanting to my best at everyting, I am quite determined to make accurate depictions of WWII Armor and Planes. I'll need info on paint, tecturing, and just modeling in general. Looking forward to learning a lot here and hope to add some content as I get good at modeling.

Got my eyes on a Tamiya kit (Sherman). Would that be a good starting point?

Thanks in advance!
Tacitus
Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 344 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 08:07 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Ken!

Tamiya is a good brand to start with as the instructions are clear and they fit together easily. There are plenty of Sherman experts here (not me) who could give you advise on the kit. For more feedback I would post your starting kit question in the Armor/AFV forum.

Nate
 _GOTOTOP