_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
airbrush problems
mariusmalthus
Visit this Community
Portugal
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 02:39 AM UTC
hello there.
im new here and i would like to say hello to everyone around here. i'm back to modelling and i love to build wwII warplanes. working on 1/72 to get some practice and next im planning to jump to 1/48 scale.

i'm using airbrush for a few time and still green on some stuff. my main problem nowadays is that every time i paint with it some paint travels to other areas that are far from the area im painting, i tried putting the airbrush more closer to the model but no luck. it's a problem with a airbrush or do i need to mask the other areas?? im using a hs airbrush and a good compressor... oh and im using vallejo model air paints.
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 01:15 PM UTC
Ahoy Mario,
Sounds like your having an over spray problem.... reduce the air pressure...
this should resolve some of the problem...and it sometimes does help to
mask some areas.
You must also note that some paints spray differently than others all depending on how you have thinned them...paint to thinner ratio.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Joe

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 11,666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 05:11 AM UTC
By other areas it doesn't sound like over spray, but rather that you're painting the underside of a wing and as you get near to the edge, you end up with some excess paint on the fuselage. If that's the case, you need to try and point your air brush at a greater vertical angle, and you need to cover/mask off any other surfaces.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP