_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Konichi-wa from Okinawa, Japan!
AngryEchoSix
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
entire network: 93 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 06:26 PM UTC
Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone here. Name's Gil, and my family and I are currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan for the next 3 years. I'm a SSgt in the USMC, and have just recently (as in the past 4 days) gotten back in to modeling. I'm sure you'll all see me around as I ask for advice/tips and tricks as I get back into the swing of things.

The model that I have chosen to start off with is a 1/35 Italeri M998 Command HMMWV. I'm taking it slow, as opposed to when I was a kid and could crank out 4 cars in an afternoon; although none of them were anything worth bragging about!

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 10:38 AM UTC
Welcome aboard, Gil. This is a great place to be. It doesn't matter how long you've been in, or back in. Lots of help, ideas and support. I hope you enjoy it here.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 04:47 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Always good to see someone else in the know on here. I'm sure I will be picking your brain on some of my builds. Really looking forward to seeing your work.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 05:21 AM UTC
Welcome to the site. If your close to Foster, there are about 3 or 4 Hobby stores right out the gate. I was stationed at Kadena for almost 5 years!.

Enjoy the island!

J
AngryEchoSix
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
entire network: 93 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 11:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the site. If your close to Foster, there are about 3 or 4 Hobby stores right out the gate. I was stationed at Kadena for almost 5 years!.

Enjoy the island!

J

I'm actually on Foster. I've found two so far, one is actually up near Kadena Gate 2 area (if you come out of Gate 2, go through the Koza Music Town intersection, across Rte 330, and it's about 800m on the right called Modelers Core) and another near the Old Futenma Housing, about a 3 minute drive out of Foster's Legion Gate. Not sure of the name of it, it just says Hobby Shop on the outside.

Think you could point me in the direction of the others?
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 02:40 AM UTC
Lets see gil, I know where more are just hard to descibe them to you, I will try to find a good map and mark them for you...
 _GOTOTOP