_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Dragon Panzer III Ausf E
horsetank
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 06:39 AM UTC
I'm doing a Dragon model 35 scale Panzer III Ausf E
I came across the smoke dispenser and the instruction don't tell much and I can seen to get a good picture to see how it goes on the back of this model
If anyone has pictures of what they have done I would like to see how its it placed in the rear of the tank
The kit even has the photo etch parts " Chains" but does not display well in the instructions
I have every book on the Panzer III and I can seem to see any close up pictures
Thanks
horsetank
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 09:36 AM UTC
I'm doing a Dragon model 35 scale Panzer III Ausf E
I came across the smoke dispenser and the instruction don't tell much and I can seen to get a good picture to see how it goes on the back of this model
If anyone has pictures of what they have done I would like to see how its it placed in the rear of the tank
The kit even has the photo etch parts " Chains" but does not display well in the instructions
I have every book on the Panzer III and I can seem to see any close up pictures
Thanks
Here is what I'm talking about

AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:46 PM UTC
Hey Dave, you're right about the seeming lack of pictures of the rear of the early Mk IIIs. I managed to come across a couple, but the were from a distance and you really couldn't see anything.

Anyway, the discharger assembly is pretty straight forward as shown in the instruction sheet you posted. The darker piece fits inside the outer cover, with the smaoke units hanging in their rack. The chains attach to the body of the smoke unit and it's cover so that the cover won't get lost when they're used. The whole unit mounts directly to the back of the tank, sitting at about a 45 deg angle.

Hope this helps.
horsetank
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 11:47 AM UTC
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP