_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Recommendations on magnifying headset?
communityguy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 493 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:47 PM UTC
I bought an inexpensive magnifying headset a few months back, but just can't figure out how to get it comfortable to wear. I'm looking to replace it with an upgraded model.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality headset?

Thanks!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 03:53 AM UTC
You could wrap a towel around the band or wear a baseball cap backwards. Doing this also lets you wear reading glasses, thereby producing greater magnification.
communityguy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 493 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 06:28 AM UTC
Well, the one I got was only $20 and the quality shows. It just doesn't sit right and doesn't seem to be constructed very well. I'm thinking I'll just swap it out with a higher caliber one.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,684 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 09:08 AM UTC
I've been using a Donegan Optivisor with the glass lens for years now. Good clarity and as comfortable as something sitting on your head can be

I'm sure there are other brands, but this is the only one I've used. If I remember right it was in the $40-50 range.
Rouse713
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 367 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been using a Donegan Optivisor with the glass lens for years now. Good clarity and as comfortable as something sitting on your head can be

I'm sure there are other brands, but this is the only one I've used. If I remember right it was in the $40-50 range.

+1
AngryEchoSix
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
entire network: 93 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 02:09 PM UTC
I have no idea what the brand is of the one that I got, because all the writing is in Japanese, but it has interchangeable lenses for varying magnifications, and a built in 2 LED light on top that is repositionable, letting you get that extra light that you need.

It feels slightly "cheap" because it is all plastic, but it fits comfortably and does what it was designed to do. I think I paid maybe ~$25 for it (after figuring the exchange rate between Yen and USD) I'll try and get some pics of it up here tonight
spiralcity
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 150 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have no idea what the brand is of the one that I got, because all the writing is in Japanese, but it has interchangeable lenses for varying magnifications, and a built in 2 LED light on top that is repositionable, letting you get that extra light that you need.

It feels slightly "cheap" because it is all plastic, but it fits comfortably and does what it was designed to do. I think I paid maybe ~$25 for it (after figuring the exchange rate between Yen and USD) I'll try and get some pics of it up here tonight

I bought something like this on ebay, but mine sit's on my head fine,I have no problems with it. It was a great 15.00 investment.
 _GOTOTOP