_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
where i can find model kit wholesalers?
harry5518
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 - 05:32 PM UTC
hello. does anyone know where i can find model kit wholesalers? i know they usually arent advertised to the general public but i want to know where and what they are in case i want to start an ebay store. examples i could give you are kits in 1:35 scale from popular brands such as Dragon, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Hobbyboss, etc.
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 08:04 AM UTC
Given you are in Australia, have you checked ads in any of the modeling magazines published there. Often those who retail also have a distributor side of their business.

You can also purchase direct, if you meet the mfrs minimums. Sometimes its probably more than you'll be able to afford, but often its not as bad as you think.

Check the mfrs sites or contact them, they will direct you to their distributor serving your area/country.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 09:33 AM UTC
When I contacted Dragon, with a similar request, they quoted a $1500 minimum purchase for my first order. I imagine Tamiya and Academy cost less, but have yet to contact them. I recommend going with a local distributor. Several manufacturers list their distributors on their webpage.
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 10:16 AM UTC
Harry, as Gerald said. "Model Art" has a list and advertizing of most if not all of the wholesalers.
Unless you have a shop front, you will have a hard time getting products from them. I have been in business for 4 years and still can not get plastic kits from any of them.

Jason
 _GOTOTOP