_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello!
diseasedspawn
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 06:57 AM UTC
Hi everyone!

I consider myself an intermediate model builder. I built as a kid, stopped during my teenage and early 20 years, but have recently taken it back up. I build 1/48 planes and rotaries, 1/35 armor. I have just recently begun making diorams and am experimenting with building my own 1/16 (maybe?) human figures.

I would like to learn advanced techniques and do anything to enhance the realism in my work.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 07:54 AM UTC
Welcome aboard, Mark. You'll find lots of help and suggestions here. I hope you like it.
diseasedspawn
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 08:12 AM UTC
Already do Russ! Thx
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 - 05:36 AM UTC
Hello from the north east. I've been lurking on this site for quite some time and am still learning new techniques and history. Modelling is an obsession with spending a lot of money on small things you constantly threaten with a hammer. I look forward to seeing your techniques and I'm sure you will benefit from the threads, here. A 1/16th scratch-built figure? That I can't wait to see.
diseasedspawn
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hey Matt,

It wont take long for you to realize that I often take on the craziest projects, so I really like your opinion on building lol.

As for the figure, it's a bust, stomach and above with no arms. I only think its 1/16. I started with a mold of a barbie doll to start with the basic human shape then built it up with epoxy and squadron putty. I would post some pics but I am unsure of this forums opinion of nudity. (I like it here and don't wanna get kicked off due to a misunderstanding. You know who I can ask?)I sculpted her nude because, ironically, that was easier than sculpting her clothed. I strive for accuracy and clothes alter the shape of the body which was another factor for which I didn't want to acount. My next figure I plan on experimenting with clothes. Will post and ask the forum's opinion if this is the appropriate place. Don't think anyone here does figures?
 _GOTOTOP