TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
My Way (movie)
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 10:37 AM UTC
This is another one of those 'based on true events' movies that was released on December 21st, 2011.

A Korean Marathon runner and his relative, a Japanese army officer survive their time fighting the Russians, an internment by the Russians, a battle against the Germans (in an area simply called 'Perm'), an escape over a snowy mountain range, internment into the German Wehrmacht AND the initial landings on D-Day (fighting for the Germans) only for Kim Jun-shik (the Korean marathon runner to be killed by the allies).

OK, I didn't do the plot any justice; it's a very interesting story full of impossible odds. The film is pretty well done, though a few scenes are a bit hard to follow. The acting is good (though if you hate reading this isn't the movie for you). The whole movie is in Japanese, Russian and German subtitles. It isn't accurate, remember this is a movie not a historical account, but overall a good film if you've got about two hours to kill.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 12:16 PM UTC
I actually rented it from Redbox about two weeks ago mine was dubbed in English ,supposedly based on a true story? Not sure but it was entertaining at least
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 04:19 PM UTC
Got mine at Redbox too. I was certain it was a movie remake of a novel but after a quick search I couldn't find any evidence of one. It's really interesting either way, though I'd like to find a more detailed account of it.