_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Need a 1:35 truck, no luck finding one.
THUNDERSNOW517
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hello everyone.

I have been looking for a 1:35 scale pick up truck for a very long time and have only just found one, the MIG one which isn't my style. My plans are to take a regular 1:35 scale truck and add a mounted weapon, steel armor, etc and end up with a fighting vehicle . I really need it to be 1:35 scale so parts and weapons are easy to come by. I have never scratch built a entire truck or even much of anything for that matter but I am afraid I have to which may beyond my skill level . I could do my research and figure out how to but would much rather buy a kit and go from there.

Please tell me if you know of pick up truck models that are 1:35 scale, I would be appreciative beyond words! Thank you!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 10:33 AM UTC
Meng Models makes two. You could try to locate one by Arii on Ebay. They are 1:32, but the difference would be negligible.
THUNDERSNOW517
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 11:21 AM UTC
Awesome, found the one with just equipment and could work with that! Does seem hard to find one for sale but I will look hard for one.

I also realized if I don't want to dive into scratch building a whole truck if I cant get my hands on that kit, I could just get a 1:25 scale pick up and build the weapons I want. That will be the most challenging, cutting sheets of armor and customizing I can handle.

Thank you very much!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 11:52 AM UTC
If you check back in on your earlier post about the same subject, you will see I gave you a few options, including both Meng trucks.

Your earlier post.

There are also a bunch of the Meng trucks available on eBay right now.
 _GOTOTOP