_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Need help putting on 1/6 scale feet
zScope
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 - 01:09 AM UTC
While taking some boots off one of my Dragon model soldiers I had to take off the feet but now I cannot put the feet back on. The pegs on the feet are so much wider than the holes on the leg it's almost impossible. I have tried with all my strength but cannot pop them back in. Is it possible hot water can expand the hole or maybe should I try lube? I do not understand why it is so difficult? I do not want to break the figure putting the feet back on please someone help!
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 - 03:25 AM UTC
Try putting the feet in the freezer for a few hours and soaking the legs in hot water. This way you get the most differential between expansion and contraction. You might also rub graphite powder or bar soap on the pegs. If you don't want them to come apart again, a little epoxy will keep them firmly in place.
zScope
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 - 09:17 PM UTC
well I tried as you suggested but it's just not possible with my lack of strength. Is it possible to set the feet pegs on fire so they go soft then blow them out quickly? I'm willing to try anything at this point lol
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 03:32 AM UTC
What about sanding (or filing) the pegs down to a smaller diameter? You may need to use glue, but at least they'll fit.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 07:22 PM UTC
Auger out the holes in the legs.
zScope
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 09:05 PM UTC
I finally did it. Ended up trying something else. I did a macgyver and pryed open the leg hole with some scissors and then used a toothpick to keep the legs apart just the tiniest bit which made the hole that much bigger and I rammed the feet in only thing is I got some skin pinched on side of my thumb bloody well hurts still nice bruise nearly took off skin lol
thanks again for your help guys
 _GOTOTOP