_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
1:35 Weaponry/Figures on a 1:25 Truck?
THUNDERSNOW517
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 08:26 AM UTC
Hell oeveryone.

I want to build the gun truck of my dreams but cannot imagine how a 1:25 scale 'regular' truck will look with 1:35 mounted weapons and soldiers in the back of it? Has anyone done this and how did it turn out? Pictures of it even? Please help as soon as you can thank you!

Long time builder, new here though.
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hi Chris

Unless it is a fantasy build, you are gonna take a lot of flack if you put weapons that are recognizable in there own scales against the 1/24 or 1/25 truck !!!!!!!!!!

I am also hoping that LSA come up with their range of weapons !!!!!!!

I am needing a few for my vehicles too !!!!!!!!!!

Make a call out to LSA and see what response you get !!!!!!!

Nige
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 11:20 AM UTC
The 1/35 weapons will look like toys and the 1/35 figures will look like little kids on a 1/25 thruck. The scales are too far apart to use them together.

Another option is to use a 1/32 diecast or snaptite model, or 1/34 diecast truck with the 1/35 figures and weapons. I have done this a few times and they work just fine together. What truck are you looking to use? There are quite a few options from First Gear in and a few others in 1/34 and 1/32 diecast. Ther eare also a few civilian truck models as 1/32 snap-tites.

Here are a couple of mine.

1/34 diecast Suburban with 1/35 Trumpeter VIP Protective Detail set. It started life as a Cadillac Escalade and I converted it into an armored Suburban. For the diecast kits, I usually tear them down and will add details, change out tires, repaint, etc.

2 1/32 snap-tite Revell Toyota trucks kitbashed together to make a crew cab with all 1/35 gear.

THUNDERSNOW517
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 12:13 AM UTC
Excellent work! Never even though about using a snap together kit! I wanted to start with a civilian dually truck and scratch build and use 1:35 parts to make it a gun truck like Private Contractors might use.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 10:07 AM UTC
I don't know of any 1/34 or 1/32 dualies, but First Gear does a 1/34 Crew Cab F350 that will work perferctly. I have one for the same purpose.

It will work great as a PCM Guntruck with a little work. I saw lots of them based on these in Iraq.

There were a lot of crew cab Ford F350 and Chevy 3500 guntrucks over there, but I don't think I saw any that were dualies.

If you want to go a little smaller, there are the 1/35 Meng "Toyota Hilux" picup models too. They are the type seen all over the middle east used by both governments and insurgents.

They have one w/a ZPU-1 gun and figure to represent a "technical" as used by Lybian Rebels last year.

Review here.

They also do a secong version as a US Special Forces vehicle as seen in A'stan in the opening stages that includes a figure, weapons and gear.

Review here.

_GOTOTOP