_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Help with Iwata HP-BH
Anmoga
Visit this Community
Spain / España
entire network: 456 Posts
KitMaker Network: 87 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 03:39 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I have an Iwata HP-BH and an Iwata HP-CH. The HP-BH is with me in China and the other in Spain.

I thought that I could use the 0.3 needle on the HP-BH only needing to change the nozzle (0.3) but looking at Iwata HP-BH specs it seems to imply that you need also a different nozzle cap and O-Ring.

I thought that the nozzle cap and O-ring of the HP-BH and HP-CH were the same.

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Angel
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 - 06:36 AM UTC
Looking at their downloadable parts guide, it seems they are inter-changeable.
Parts Guide
Anmoga
Visit this Community
Spain / España
entire network: 456 Posts
KitMaker Network: 87 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 - 01:23 PM UTC
Hi Dave,

Here in China I have the HP-BH plus replacement 0.2 nozzle and needle. I also have a 0.3 nozzle and needle.

The problem I have is by looking at the Iwata HP-BH specs it seems they are implying that in order to convert it to 0.3 you need also to use another nozzle cap and O-ring. Is that true or they are the same parts but with different stock number? Do you need also to change those parts? What happens if you don't change those parts?

When I was in Spain I had both AB with me but now that I am working in China I left one in Spain (HP-CH) and took the other with me (HP-BH). I have in both places (Spain and China) a new 0.2 and 0.3 nozzle and needle.

The reason I left one in Spain is so I could also paint when I went there on vacations.

Another question I have is whether it will affect negatively my AB if I take the needle through the front instead of from the back as the manual says. I was told a long time ago that the best way to avoid bending the needle was to take it out from the front instead of from the back. With my old AB (generic single action) there were no problems but with the Iwata's I find the tolerances very strict and I don't want to damage it.

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Angel
 _GOTOTOP