_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Garbage Day
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:20 PM UTC
I see a lot of old posts being resurrected. This includes articles and shopping. Would it be possible to delete the old posts sometime after they have been listed? I mean something like a year or all items have been sold. This is the average time to lose photos. I believe this would make the site run quite a bit faster. Just the regular posts, not the reviews features or news.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi Matt,

Do I take it you've been annoyed by something recently? I agree that old "stuff for sale" and old "stuff for review" threads should get locked or deleted once the items are gone (along with "looking for XX"), but not discussion threads. It may be old news, but if I'm searching for info on a kit or a real tank I don't care that a thread is out of date - as long as it has info I can use.

One thing that would be useful is if the index page in each forum listed the "start date" of each thread so we could see at a glance if they are old or not. At present all we get is the date of the newest post.

Tom
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 05:55 AM UTC
Recently, I've seen many old posts being replied to. This is both in the informational post as well as the buy, sell, trade forum. While some of the informational material is appreciated, without photos most of it is useless. These posts also move the more recent posts down in position. This prevents possible replies to the new post, as it is not seen without a little more looking.
 _GOTOTOP