Shows and events in North America.
2012 IPMS/USA Nationals...link to the pics
philp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 122 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 - 05:08 PM UTC
Just got back to the room after judging. Still haven't heard a final numbers count but has to be close to 3000 models in the competition.

Here is a link to my album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115549746726410540917/2012IPMSUSANationalsOrlandoDisneyWorldFL
sosnjo
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 02:22 PM UTC
When will you announce the winners?
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 02:31 PM UTC
The best of's are listed on hyperscale. I guess Tidewater, VA got the 2014 convention.
Mike
Siderius
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,747 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 02:52 PM UTC
Just incredible work all the way around!! I try my best, but sometimes I feel like I don't belong in the same room or state with these modelers! Good night, they are good! Thanks for sharing the photos with us. I sure would hate to judge these guys. Russell
philp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 122 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 04:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

When will you announce the winners?

That is funny. Mike Polk, Contest Chair, brought this up during our judges meeting. While the winners got notified during the Awards Ceremony tonight (which I didn't attend) all are verified to make sure they are correct and the Host Chapter gets to release the data first which usually takes a couple weeks before the "official" list is finalized.

This was my 2nd year judging at the Nats level. I volunteered for Misc again cause I guess most people stay away from it. Judged dioramas all night but we were out of the room before midnight (the head judges got to stick around a while longer for the Best of award).

All in all a fun week. One more day with the Mouse and then on my way home to Utah.
 _GOTOTOP