_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Gun shield bracket - Need them in plastic
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,794 Posts
KitMaker Network: 304 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 11:40 AM UTC
Hi all,

I'm currently working on an artillery project (Bronco's Pak 36r) and have a little issue I'm hoping someone can help me with. The instructions call for adding two small brackets to the upper portion of the shield (items # P14 from pic below):

The issue here is that these small brackets are only provided as straight photoetch rectangular pieces that one has to fold in the shape shown. I was able to fold these to somewhat resemble the drawings but I am not entirely happy with the way they came out. So, I was wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to get these in plastic (styrene?) form.

I know I've seen them on some kits (Dragon kits perhaps?) but I just can't remember which kits have these either as completely separate items or as ones that come as part of other items. So, if anyone has a couple of spares of these in plastic form or know where I can get them, I would really appreciated.`

Thanks in advance,

Rob

barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 09:35 PM UTC
Hi Rob,

Does something get mounted in those spring clips? If so, you can fake 'em with bits of plastic strip glued to the item.

Tom
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. As far as I know, they were just used to hold something like a small shovel, etc. It's location is suspect though so, in all honesty, I'm not all that certain.

I know I've seen this in plastic before but just can't think of where. Your idea of using plastic strip could work and may have to go that route if nothing in plastic comes up.

Thanks again,

Rob
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hi Rob
Try making them from thin lead sheet like you get from a wine bottle,a lot easier to shape than brass or plastic
HTH
Andy
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 - 08:25 AM UTC
Thanks, Andy. I might try that as well. Sounds like it could work.

Rob
 _GOTOTOP