_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Collapsing Header
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 1,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 - 09:04 PM UTC
Just got a new laptop
Every time I change pages,I get the expanded header,which I have to wait for to collapse before I can continue.
Is there any way to fix this?
I'm running Windows 7 with IE 9.Thanks.Jeff Tucker
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hi Jeff,
I would check your security settings for things like cookies and javascript. It sounds like they are on high or blocking these things, which would explain why that is happening. The expanded header area should only appear during your first visit in 24hrs and then be hidden (unless you expand it) from that point on. The 'hiding' process works on a cookie though and it sounds like your laptop won't allow the cookie to be created.

Best wishes,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 09:42 AM UTC
Hi Jeff,
I added an active session variable that might work in case there are issues setting a cookie. It will only work on the same browser session though so if you close it and come back the header will be un-hidden again.

Jim
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 1,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 11:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jeff,
I added an active session variable that might work in case there are issues setting a cookie. It will only work on the same browser session though so if you close it and come back the header will be un-hidden again.

Jim

Jim,seems to have worked,I can deal with the header coming back for each session,having it open on every page change got to be old real fast .Thanks again for all you do,Jeff Tucker
 _GOTOTOP