_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
cheapest website to buy 1:35 armour?
harry5518
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 05:08 PM UTC
hello. do my fellow model makers have any good ideas of where to buy cheap model kits online from? im from australia if you wondered where my location is.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 12:46 AM UTC
I've had good luck with Lucky Model. They have great prices on Hobby Boss, Trumpeter, Tamiya, Roden and Zvezda, as well as most etch and aftermarket supplies. For Dragon kits online I have gone with HobbyBuy.
harry5518
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 01:01 AM UTC
could i have the website address? ive been buying kits off ebay from a seller in china. usually 24 bucks for the kit plus 14 for the shipping
JediWookie
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 01:08 AM UTC
I buy most my stuff from http://www.bnamodelworld.com/, I find their pricing pretty good and they are a Aussie business.

Gary
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 01:09 AM UTC
There are a couple of issues with Luckymodel ( www.luckymodel.com ). I ordered from them a couple of years ago and it took over a month to receive my order. Of course, all suppliers have issues. I prefer Hobbyeasy ( www.hobbyeasy.com ). The only issue with them is that you need to pay for a faster shipping method. I waited two weeks just for them to get my order from their supplier, before I cancelled the order. However, I placed two more orders with them that went smoothly. One was standard ground, which shipped within a week; and the other was expedited air, which shipped within a couple of days and I received within a week. I've been told to expect the first order within a month. Hobbyeasy has a better "in stock" selection than Luckymodel. The prices are comparable. Spruebrothers ( www.spruebrothers.com ) charges a little more, but I received an order from them three days after I purchased it.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 01:32 AM UTC
Im going to throw my hat in the towel here and offer this website..

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/

I have had great luck with Scale Hobbyist and they are very customer service oriented.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 05:27 AM UTC
Brookhurst Hobbies ( www.brookhursthobbies.com ) is relatively inexpensive with shipping being include in its low cost. Leopardmodel ( www.leopardmodel.com ) is also inexpensive.
daffyduck
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 164 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 01:06 PM UTC
Harry,

Is there a hobby shop near you?

My LHS gives me 30 % off if I order with my Debit card.....cheaper than paying for shipping if buying alone.

Just a thought.....

Paul
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 06:47 PM UTC
If you're just looking for something to build and don't mind an older kit, I've had really good luck with the vendors at the model shows that I've attended. If you have any in your area you might want to check them out.

By wheeling and dealing a bit, I can easily walk out of a show with 5 to 9 kits for $100.
Wolfsangel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 02:25 AM UTC
Hey Harry, As more of a "Collector" than a builder (at least lately), my source is Ebay. If you have the patience the deals are there. Of course, I have enough un-builts to start my own hobby shop...
 _GOTOTOP