_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Back in Scale
liquorboxracing
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 16 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site but not new to scale models. I used to build frequintly in the late 80's early 90's! Mostly auto's! I competed at shows with them as well. I haven't built a scale model in 20 years. I am getting back into it and getting my young sons involved in the hobby as well. We are going to build replicas of our favorite planes in the Museum of the United States Air Force. I live next to Wright Patterson Airforce Base so the I have the privilage of haveing the museum in my back yard. I hope to pick back up some missing skills, as well as learn new ones. I mostly want to pass this wonderful hobby onto my kids. There's some great stuff I see on here! Be talking to most of you in the future!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 08:09 AM UTC
Tim, welcome to the site. Glad you joined up and brought the kids. Your timing is perfect. We are about to start a campaign (group build) for kids under 16. I'd like to see how your project turns out. I've talked with my kids about doing the same thing as we are close to the Hill AFB museum.
liquorboxracing
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 03:34 PM UTC
Here is our first installment still under construction. The P-40E thats in the museum.

We still need to find some of the decals, & I'm not over thrilled with fit & finish of this kit, but I am pleased with the work my son's have done! We've had a blast building it.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 12:13 AM UTC
Gotta love the P-40. Is that the Academy kit? Modeling is all about the fun.
liquorboxracing
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 11:05 AM UTC
No, it's a Hobby Boss kit! I wish it were the Academy kit! I have one on order! I'm not that thrilled with the quality of this little Hobby Boss kit! My kids are wanting a redo on this replica with the academy kit when it gets here!
 _GOTOTOP