_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
wrong gun barrels from RB Models?
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:08 PM UTC
Hello all,

My name is Susana and I am from Portugal, few days ago I bought a gun barrel from the brand RB Models, Ref. 35B78 barrel for Achilles tank, and when I receive it I noted that the last front metal part of the gun was incorrect, in fact this part are from another reference gun of their catalogue, from their site photos the gun is correct but what they are selling are not, because I order from another shop again the same gun barrel and again I get the same incorrect front metal gun barrel, I report this to the first shop, and the owner send my email to the people at RB Models who answer me that canot make the gun barrel like the image they have in their site and I see images in the Net, modelleres that used the same gun in their models and have it correct.

Atached I send an image showing what I mean.

Are more modellers that noticed this in that reference gun barrel?

Any help will be welcome.
Regards
horsetank
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:24 PM UTC
Hi I know AFV makes and Achilles in 35 scale with the proper barrel
here two links so you can see.

http://www.armyvehicles.dk/m10achilles.htm
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/AFV00035039/product.php?kw=achilles

I went to Bastogne France last week and I took a picture of an Achilles tanks if you need it Ill send it, and what a coincidence I just bought one cause I saw that one in Europe

susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:35 PM UTC
Hello,

Thank you for your reply and help, but my question is about the items I purchased fom RB Models that are wrong and I paid for them, and in their site they have and are selling the correct gun.

I want to atached the image I was talking about but I am doing something wrong, because I cant loaded the image.

The image only apears in the photos boton.

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 3,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 209 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 05:12 AM UTC
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 12:57 PM UTC
I'm VERY surprised RB models is giving you trouble about an incorrect item! I ordered barrels for the DML Shilka , and when they arrived, 2 of the 4 barrels hadn't been completely machined. They looked like a baseball bat!! I e-mailed them, and the owner promptly replied back, and shipped new ones the next day. guess they had a few slip through quality ..

sorry you had misfortune w/ them!
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 09:23 PM UTC
Thank you Mauro for the help with the image, and an image is better than words, from this photo we can see without doubts the difference between the two guns in the front metal part, and the wrong part I received.

Jeff, I guess that some of us get lucky and others not, since I was contacted last time no response since then, and the reply was we cannot make this item like the image, are they joking...

The situation about this, is that they are selling a product with the front metal part mistaken from what they have in their site and a product that alreay was seen in the market correct being used by other modelleres in images we see in the net, I dont know why they dont admit that part is put in the packages in mistake, and send the correct ones, in this case to me.

It’s a pity because the gun is very nice, just that front metal part is wrong in the package.

I would like to know if recently other modeller buy this reference gun and get the same wrong parts as I.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 10:19 PM UTC
Hi Susana

Quite strange for them. Dealing with customers in such a rough way it could mean get a bad reputation in a short time.
Anyway, looking at your pics, it seems to me that the end part of the gun doesn't belong to another one, it just looks like an Achilles part...but wrong!
Maybe they have sold you a product in a faulty condition. They probably have drilled the end of the gun with a too large bit, or perhaps they have make the hole in a position which was below than it had to be. It could happen!
If I were you I'd say them that the product is damaged rather than say that it doesn't look like the one which you have seen in their catalogue. Just my opinion anyway

Have a good luck!

Cheers
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 1,716 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 10:55 PM UTC
Susana ,, Hello and welcome to Armorama .. I have to agree with the rest of the lads here ..damn strange that RB are doing you wrong and with a not right part .. I pretty much only use three makers of after market barrels .. RB ,Lion Marc and Aber .. never had an issue with any RB barrels ..Mauro is bang on the money ..its an Achilles M-10 muzzle break all right but wrong and the only way i think this got screwed up when it was manufactured and they might think its right but we can clearly see its not and i think everyone they made is wrong ..one easy way to fix an other wise annoying problem would be to use the barrel and collar and use the muzzle break from the kit ,so you do end up with the barrel and a nice chunk of brass and the plastic muzzle break ,sucks as it does i think this might be the only way to slightly get what you want untill RBM get there mistake sorted , anyway its only a suggestion and i do wish you luck getting this problem fixed .

Phill :-)
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

..one easy way to fix an other wise annoying problem would be to use the barrel and collar and use the muzzle break from the kit ,so you do end up with the barrel and a nice chunk of brass and the plastic muzzle break ,sucks as it does i think this might be the only way to slightly get what you want untill RBM get there mistake sorted , anyway its only a suggestion and i do wish you luck getting this problem fixed .

Phill :-)

I absolutely agree.It wouldn't be the best but It would be far better than waiting ages for an improbable replacement
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 12:01 AM UTC
Mauro, I can assure you that this metal part is from another gun from their catalogue I already studded the images from their site and found that this end front metal gun part that I am talking about and I get it wrong is from the item of the gun for Archer and the anti tank gun OQF 17 pdr, if you compare you see I am right.

It was not a defect of manufacturing, just a mistake in the packages, and I bought it twice, now I have two sets of this gun that are not correct, and this it’s so simple to them to resolve just send me the parts correct and end of the story.

Phill thank you for your help and seeing that I am right, about the solution you give, it will not work fine because I have the Academy kit of the Achilles and the muzzle break is way undersized and thats the reason I search for an aluminium replacement barrel, about waiting ages for an improbable replacement, I paid for products from RB Models and I expect that they recognise their mistake and corrected it, and not have the attitude to not listening or not answer to the costumer, I will not stand quiet until this be resolved, and I think I have this right...

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 12:20 AM UTC
That may be a silly question but...

Have you try sending them a pic of your gun by mail ? They could admit their mistake easier if they saw what actually you have bought...
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 03:22 AM UTC
Yes, they have an image of the gun, like the one I put here, the owner of the shop where I purchased the gun emailed them with my problem, no news since then...I saw in their website that they are on vacations, great and no even bother to inform the customer at the moment I only have the choice to wait, I will wait to see where this are going...
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 07:31 PM UTC
Hello Susana ,, Hope your having luck getting your barrel sorted out ,, I did find something purely by chance which would still give you what you want ,,now i don't know 100 percent if this is real or it was done cause they needed a gun for a Achilles ,,check this out .

You could get yourself a barrel from like a Aber 17lb gun and that would give ya your tank which your sorting out this issue with RB .

Phill
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 09:05 PM UTC
Susana,

I reviewed that barrel some time ago (see here and didn't see an issue with the muzzle. However, when looking at the pictures my example seems to be the same as delivered to you. Do you have any detail images of the real muzzle so we could compare the RB item to the real thing?

Cheers!
Stefan

Edit: Just found Tom's comment in the thread to the review, there's a link to some pics. Comparing to that, it looks to me that the RB model item is fairly close to the real thing?
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 09:47 PM UTC
Stefan ,, RB sold a Barrel which is clearly wrong compared to the one they show in their adds .. if you look at the two holes on the muzzle break you can see the that the hole nearest the collar is closer to the flat section of the muzzle break and the hole near the tip is closer to the front of the muzzle break .
The one Susana got has the first hole to far back and the second one to close to the collar ,,you can see this in the pic you have of the real thing .
Who ever machined the muzzle got the settings wrong when they were machined ,,i would guess it was CNC'ed and the numbers were not punched in right,thats what it looks like to me .

Phill
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:44 PM UTC
Hello,

Thanks for the replys, Stefan, I´m sorry but seing the link you show to the page you review this gun, you got the same wrong part as I, everything are fine with the gun, only the last end metal part are not the correct one.

I attached another image to show again what I mean, and I assure you that last metal part is wrong

If we compare the real image of this gun putting the photo that RB Models have in their site everything match fairly well, but using the gun item that I received clearly show they are not the same, and like Phill wrote RB sold a Barrel which is clearly wrong compared to the one they show in their adds ...

I see that they are back from their vacations, and I will contact them again reporting this and I will see what they reply, and tell here later...
IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 06:31 AM UTC
Susana,

If I understand right from your last picture, it is the curvature of the tip piece that is off. In the correct one, the curve begins at the middle of the 'whole' on the brake and in the incorrect part, the curve does not start until the 'outside' of the brake tip part?

I am going to have to check my stash, because I think I bought this barrel too.

Good catch!

John
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 07:05 AM UTC
John that’s right the shape is not correct and the other is the hole made in the metal part I show in the first image, that is near the junction where in the correct metal part isn’t, there’s a little space, its all very clear, any one that observe with attention can clearly see that this metal part I have is not for this gun.

Please check your item and tell if you have the same incorrect part or if you have the correct one, and to all that see this topic, I say if you buy this gun please check and tell us.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 08:03 PM UTC
Susana .. been doing some looking and hunting and i am pretty sure i have found a way for you to get what your wanting ..after looking at a heap of pictures it would seem that the Achilles and the Sherman firefly have the same muzzle break ..so what you could do is get your hands on another 17 pounder gun barrel ..like Aber or Griffin and use the muzzle of that to give you the right look for your Achilles and once RB sorts you out you can use the replacement parts on the other gun barrel .
Very annoying i know but least it won't slow your build down any longer .
Trust me ,,I'll keep thinking up ideas untill RB sort out this problem

Phill
susaana
Visit this Community
Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:31 PM UTC
Hello Phill, thank you for your help and time to investigate this and yes you are right they have the same guns for what I see too, about your sugestion of geting another gun, I could do that but as I already spent money in the two guns before, I will no spent more in this issue and to tell the true this mater is starting to let me a bit disapointing, and the model was put aside till I see what to do the only way to solve this is I get the corrected parts, I already contacted RB Models and I am waiting for a answer from them...
daffyduck
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 164 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 05:42 AM UTC
Susana,

Any reply yet?

You're entitled to the correct parts, if they messed up, they have to correct it not you...if they don't, tell them you will not buy their products anymore.

The customer is ALWAYS right as long as the complaint is legitimate.

Good Luck, Paul

PS The last image you posted, the very end baffle doesn't look particularly round to me. is this also incorrect?
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 6,188 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 09:28 PM UTC
I love RB Barrels but, I too question one I bought a few months back and can see how there could be a confusion.

I wanted the 100MM gun for the SU-100... but I want the longer Naval gun. The SU-100 had different calibers and lengths of guns PLUS it also was tagged an SU-85M. That is the SU-100 superstructure with the 85MM gun like the T34 or the SU-85 had. If you look over SU-100 pictures you will see what I am speaking of.

Anywho... my barrel is shorter than the plastic kits version is so, where can I get the barrel I so want and paid for? Buy some other kit and ransack it for other parts to further detail out my kit?

Does the DML SU-100 come with an aluminum barrel?

Perplexed to say the least.

~ Jeff
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 11:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does the DML SU-100 come with an aluminum barrel?

~ Jeff

Jeff mate from what i just read .. the SU100 “Premium Series” kit no 6359 does come with a alloy barrel ,, so thats a yup

Phill

PS ,,here's the link where i read it http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/dragon/dr6359.html
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 6,188 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 02:14 AM UTC
OH-TAY!!!

Thanks buddy!

~ Jeff
 _GOTOTOP