_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hello from New Zealand
youngga
Visit this Community
New Zealand
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 11:58 AM UTC
Hello, been a long time lurker here and recently got back into the hobby. I'm interested primarily in WW2 armour but have started getting into more modern stuff lately.

Great site by the way, and hope to meet you guys in the forums proper!

Cheers
Gary
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 12:53 PM UTC
Welcome to Kitmaker!
If you ever decide to do airplanes rather than targets^Wtanks, I'll be there to welcome you to Aeroscale, too.

Come to the blue side, we have cookies (and Lancasters to drop them from)
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 01:19 PM UTC
Wingy things have never captured and held positions. It takes the troops on the ground and the vehicles they employ. The blue side may have cookies and, yes, Lancasters, but I'm pretty sure Vader is a tread head. Welcome to the site. I started out like you. Big into WWII and, now, finding modern vehicles more to my liking. Looking forward to seeing some of your builds.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....I'm pretty sure Vader is a tread head.

Incorrect. Vader is my great great great . . . . . great Uncle on my father's side, and last time we sat down for a beer he definitely told me that there are NO tracks on his Tie Fighter. His exact words "You just can't get a tank to reach hyperspeeds, unless you drop it off the edge of a death-star, now where's my beer ???"
Right after that he fell off his stool and accidentally cut the bar top in half with his light sabre.

Gary, welcome to the Kitmaker network mate, great to see more folks from south of the equator, even if you are from the wrong side of the Tasman !

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers, D

D_J_W
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
entire network: 436 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 07:50 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Gary, I am sure will find the inhabitants of this site as friendly and as helpful as I have over the last few years.

Cheers
David
youngga
Visit this Community
New Zealand
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2012 - 11:14 PM UTC
Hey thanks people for the warm welcome!!

Jessica, I've got a couple of 1/72 planes so you never know. Just don't expect anytime soon though. I've got a whole heap of armour to get on with.

Hi Matt, Damian and David. Glad to be here. Yeah, I've been away 10 years and the amount of new techniques is astonishing. Since getting back I've built a StuG III c/d, and I'm currently getting to grips with putting a basic interior into a JS-2

If you like, I can put some photos up of the StuG, but the question is where? It's almost finished bar a base. And would I put piccys of the JS-2 in the Russian/Soviet section?

Sorry for the basic questions but I don't want to tread on anyones toes.

Cheers
Gary
 _GOTOTOP