barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 07:47 AM UTC
For all members & modellers in the UK, I am pleased to announce that it is only one month until this year's Present Arms modelling show!

This year we embark on a brave new collaborative venture with the Essex Military Vehicle Trust and will hold our show in a dedicated marquee tent within the grounds of their successful Military and Flying Machines Show at Damyn's Hall Aerodrome in Aveley, Essex on Saturday & Sunday, 4 & 5 August 2012.

For one combined entry fee you can see our usual great mix of models from over a dozen clubs, and get kits and supplies from a host of vendors within the show marquee. Then, you can step out and examine the 1:1 scale exhibits for reference and inspiration!

Details of the wider show can be found at this website. On behalf of Essex MAFVA I hope to see you there!

Regards,

Tom
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 08:18 AM UTC
Bump! Only two weeks to go...
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 - 07:01 AM UTC
Bump! Only a week to go! Set-up starts shortly, and come next Saturday we'll have Clubs and Traders under our marquee!

We have a raffle both days (lots of goodies on offer) and our own "all in" competition on Sunday, where any model on display might win an award.

When you get fed up with the Olympics, pop out to see the full-size stuff - then come see our models and buy a kit or two from the Traders...

Hope to see lots of Armorama folk there - grab me and say hello!

Tom
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 - 06:19 PM UTC
Hi Tom, I'll see you around on the Sunday, I'll be on the IPMS SE London table but I can't do the Saturday due to work.
You can't miss me as I'll have a 'Kitmaker-British Bulldogs' blue polo on.
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 09:20 PM UTC
Wow! Tomorrow's the big day - we open to the public at 10am. Weather should be fine, and it's a welcome change from Olymics coverage on the TV! Hope to see lots of folk there, on Saturday and Sunday. (Don't forget to buy raffle tiokets - there are some tasty prizes up for grabs!)

(Luciano, I'll look out for you! I'll be the grey-haired guy in the white Essex MAFVA t-shirt running round like the proverbial blue-tailed fly...)

Tom
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2012 - 04:22 AM UTC
One last bump...
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 08:20 AM UTC
Great one Tom, for the first show it was good, understand some traders only could do the Saturday but hopefully next year they will do both days or you could have traders that do one, both or the other.

I know it was out of your control but they need to sort the one way system out for on site traffic and also the exit when it came time to leave.
Oh and mud is fun in a rear wheel drive!
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 01:08 AM UTC
Glad you enjoyed it! (The mud was because we foolishly held it in an English summer...) Now that we know it'll work, and have a whole year to get folks signed up for the next one, I expect to have a very full tent with lots of trade and club members to buy from them.

As for the traffic jam, I intend to borrow that Merlin they had on display...

Regards,

Tom
 _GOTOTOP