_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Question for the General (failure)
ekaufman
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
entire network: 217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 07:37 AM UTC
Hi,
Some time ago you posted somthing about building a CUCV from a tamiya R/C truck, i just got one of this on e-bay (the ford f350) and plan to do the same,as the IDF now uses them as general purpose trucks.
I would love to hear what you have done do far,and do you have any tips or advice on how to move on with this project.
TIA
Eran
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:13 AM UTC
Sorry I didn't see your message before, Eran

I have NOT yet started working on the CUCV, but I opened the kit and built the base with the thick tyres for my 7-old son. It's got an engine and now the base chassis is driving all over our household
I kept the top part of the pickup truck for my modeling project, and I must admit that part looks REALLY good. It'll take a little work to make that a real-looking CUCV, but all the elements are there to make that work.
Please not that you'll need a chassis, though, so you'll have to kitbash another kit to rip off the chassis and wheels. Wheels may need some scratchbuilding too...
All in all, I think this was a good buy. I'm sure I can make this work. Of course that doesn't speak for the Ford... I only got to see the chevvy !
 _GOTOTOP