_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Clandestine Operations Campaign Proposal
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 07:40 AM UTC
"I have been rolling a few ideas around in my head for my next campaign. I would like to do a clandestine operations campaign. Being that it is clandestine operations, nobody would be able to provide proof thereof. So, this will be a "most likely" campaign. WWII-present. From the jungles of Columbia to the deserts of the Gulf. Let me know what you guys think. I would like to begin it early next year and run for eight months."
I have decided to post this campaign here, as it will cover helicopters, figures, and some boats(LSSC, PBR, Rubber Dingy, etc.). I am going for plausible clandestine operations. No "in Terminator" etc. Must be an easy link to something modified for past or present operations. If you want to build the dropship from "Aliens", I would love to follow along. However, this has no place in the campaign. I am going for science fact, not science fiction. Please post any ideas you have for approval.
Normal campaign rules. A photo of the kit(s) must be posted, before you start building. At least one progress photo must be posted. A photo of the finished build must be posted in the campaign gallery. Scales range from 1/72-1/16. Multiple builds are encouraged, but only one ribbon will be awarded.
If you think eight months is not long enough, please tell me.
Meant to post this here, insead of "modeling in general".
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 08:22 AM UTC
Ola Matt
Sounds very interesting. Got a question though. You speak mostly of military stuff in your explanation. But would resistance operations be alright as well? During world war two in all of Europe the resistance played a huge role in clandestine operations. From the military led SOE to the maquis, the Dutch resistance with their "knokploegen". To the partisans. Doing operations varying from raids to hiding refugees to destroying stuff to printing illegal papers to spying. I think it could give a whole extra dimension to the campaign.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 08:53 AM UTC
Robert: glad you are thinking. Yes, resistance operations are a go.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 11:40 AM UTC
Ok cool. I like the campaign even more now. there are a few subjects I always wanted to create in scale for years. But never got around it. I have a lot of books on the subject of deception throughout the waryears. The crazy but effective stuff that Jasper Maskelyne came up with always spoke to my imagination. And being Dutch the resistance holds a special place as well. Might be a good idea to bring some old ideas back to life and see what I would do with them now.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 01:02 PM UTC
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/194015&page=1
This is a link to the official campaign proposal.
 _GOTOTOP