Hosted by Matt Leese
Decal Sol
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 10:51 AM UTC
I have found that diluted white glue and clear plastic glue(for canopies) help decals(namely Academy) settle properly. Applied before the decal is or very slightly afterwards, removes the silvering and helps them to settle into recesses and corners.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 11,666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 04:41 AM UTC
Matt, a few drops of white glue in warm water applied under the decal helps to fill in what ever little nooks and crannies that are still present after glossing. Make sure you remove the excess as soon as possible as it's harder to remove from the paint once dry.

Another option that you can try is to use any Future product such as Pledge instead of the white glue. It's thinner, and it will blend into the gloss finish you used. Since I use Pledge to gloss prior to decaling, the blending is automatic.

The issue I have with using either of the above, is that any application of a setting solution such as Micro Set, Micro Sol, and Walthers Solvoset, would be less effective if they worked at all in getting a decal to conform to rivets, recessed panel lines, etc. as both white glue and Future will settle into and around the detailed areas.
Joel

_GOTOTOP