Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
20 Years Since Operation "URGENT FURY" I983
AIRBORNEDAD
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:45 PM UTC
Greetings All,

Well, it has been 20 YEARS since Operation "URGENT FURY" on the little "forgotten" island of Grenada. PLEASE take a moment and remember those who were present and the FAMILIES of those who were LOST THERE. There is not a day that goes by that I DON'T REMEMBER our mission.

Medals are METAL, but LIVES are FLESH AND BLOOD !

GOD BLESS THE "WHITE FALCONS" of 2/325 AIR

CPT Michael Ritz (CO) & SSG Gary Epps
Bravo Company 2 / 325 AIR
82nd Airborne Division

K. I. A. on 26 October 1983 at 0430 HRS and 1100 HRS at "LITTLE HAVANA"

You will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN !!

Thank you for allowing ME to remain and having the chance to RAISE A SON !

ABD
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 04:15 PM UTC
The world will also forget. To them it is just a moment in time. For me it stays due to being there. 20 years lost brothers in beruit . 20 years lost more on Grenada, soon it will be time to remember Panama. 10 years since i left somila. Does anybody remember a certain freighter in 1975. Just moments in time, to the world. wait a few years and nobody will remember why we are in Afgan or Iraq. 23 years since iran crisises.

AIRBORNEDAD
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:13 PM UTC
AMEN.

"Those who provide FREEDOM understand the SACRIFICE and COSTS involed that allow others to complain"

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!! Past, Present, & Future
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 08:31 AM UTC
I haven't forgotten it.
Ft Polk , La 5 th MP Co. The day of the operation they were banging on doors at 3 AM. The CQ told us to grab our crap leave all cold weather gear behind. Went to the company area drew our weapons, and drew basic loads. (this is where we started getting concerned) Cattle trucks came and picked us up, and hauled to Alexandria to England AFB where the C-130s were waiting for us. Still no word of what the hell was going on or where the hell we were going. Once we were in the air and an hour in flight the CO told us we were heading to Grenada via a stop in Costa Rica to act as support for an operation on the island. All I could think was holy crap...I haven't spoken to my parents in three weeks and now they may never hear from me again. I was 19. We arrived in Costa Rica and were placed on stand-by for the rest of the day...by the next morning it looked as though we were heading in. By the end of the day it came down the pike that we would not be needed that the ops was being wrapped up. I have never forgotten that day...nor will I ever forget my brothers and sisters in arms...especially those who are out there holding the line tonight.

Steve
95 Bravos Lead The Way!