_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello People, Returning Modeller
Nerazzurri
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 51 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 09:36 AM UTC
Hi folks.

I'm returning to modelling, aged 40; the last kit I finished was about 25 years ago! At that time anything went - it didn't matter whether I fancied a 1:72 Spitfire, HMS Ark Royal, or a Pz IV. Nothing got primed, and Humbrol enamels went on with brushes. My creations might not have been fantastic, but they were passable - and great fun too!

Now I'm going to apply myself to 1:35 armour. My current idea is to model an Axis vehicle from each campaign in turn - Poland>France>Africa>>>; after that, who knows.

My desire to create better models, and the seismic shift in paints, means I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the painting forum! After lurking for a few days before joining I can see this is a great place for help and support.

Now, off to the paint forum to post my first stupid question..............

Regards, Gavin.

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 01:08 PM UTC
Welcome to the site Gavin

and remember the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask, because that will be the one that will bite you on the bum.

relax, enjoy, and build..

Delbert
Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 344 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 02:08 PM UTC
Welcome Gavin!

This is a great place to pick up all the new tricks. I'm smack dab in your demographic, I started building about 2 months ago after a 25 year hiatus. Painting is definitely the #1 hobgoblin in my closet of modeling anxieties.

Your campaign idea is cool, actually an axis armor vehicle in Poland would fit nicely into the current light tank campaign.

Nathan
 _GOTOTOP